Francesco Conti was born and grew up in Rome, Italy, and now lives in London. His father was Italian, his mother is English. He trained as a scientist – specialising in molecular neuroscience and genetics. He obtained his PhD in London and then worked in research laboratories in Europe and America.
In 2016 he moved into science communication and started working for a leading scientific journal and, shortly after, started painting. He is self-taught.
He first submitted his paintings to galleries and artists’ open calls in 2018. Since then, his work has been selected for shows at the prestigious ING Discerning Eye Exhibition at the Mall Galleries in London, at the C24 Gallery in Chelsea, New York and for exhibition at the Arts North International at the Hopkins Centre for the Arts (USA). His work has been referenced in Hertfordshire Life Magazine. He is represented by the N1 Art Gallery and the Nude Tin Can Gallery in the UK.
- 9 January - 13 February 2021. Group exhibition. Arts North International, Hopkins (USA) ()
- 20 Sept-4 October 2020. Solo exhibition. The Art Space, Cass Art, London
- 30 January - 25 September 2020. Group exhibition. The Seventh View’, In partnership with The ING Discerning Eye. C24 Gallery, New York City ()
- 21 February - 9 April 2020. Group exhibition (multiple artworks on show): ‘All or Nothing’. Nude Tin Can Gallery, St Albans ()
- November 14 - November 24 2019. ING Discerning Eye Group Exhibition (2 works shown). Mall Galleries, The Mall, London ()
- October 5 - November 9 2019. Skull Art Group Exhibition, Nude Tin Can Gallery, St Albans ()
- September 23 - September 30 2019. Solo exhibition. The Art Space, Cass Art, London